Re: 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:02:59 +1100 pwillis@ozemail.com.au (Paul Willis)
writes:
>For Pete's ske, let's not let the looney creationsists get a foothold on
our list. I am on  this list to read about dinosaurs, not to have my
mailbox clogged up with mindless arguments, most of which were refuted
100 years ago. If you want to argue these points, please take them to
Talk.origins or any of the other creation/evolution fora.>

Concur.  For those of you who would like a pertinent reference:
Prigogine, Ilya. 1972. "Thermodynamics of Evolution." _Physics Today_, p.
23-28, November; p. 34-44, December.

This man won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1977 for his work on the
thermodynamics of non equilibrium systems, and he is the grand refuter of
the "life violates the second law" argument.  I don't recall this being
mentioned before, so I thought I would here.

Judy Molnar
vlmed@juno.com
jamolnar@juno.com