Opisthopubic birdies?

   According to Fastovsky and Weishampel's new book, The Evolution and
Extinction of Dinosaurs, the opisthopubic condition of _Archaeopteryx_ is
the result of a broken pubis at its articulation with the ilium.  They state
that the pubis actually points downwards like in other maniraptorans.

   Before I go and change all my images of Archie-hips, I thought I'd ask to
make sure that this is now the accepted view of the pubic orientation of
Archie.  Is it?

   (As an aside, I went back and looked at the pelvis of the Madagasacan
sickle-bird [does this thing have a name yet?].  Its pubis does point down
rather than back....)