Re: SOME CLADISTIC... [correction]

At 03:43 PM 4/1/97 -0600, I wrote:
>        Another cute bit you discover rapidly is that phylogeny is
>commutative. You can reduce a suprageneric taxon to its definition and
>substitute it into the definition of a more inclusive taxon:
        Umm... no, commutative is the wrong word. Perhaps a case of
associative. Basically, you can substitute things in and it means the same
thing. Same idea, wrong name. Back to fourth grade for me. Special thanks to
Mickey for clarifying this.
        Wagner
      Jonathan R. Wagner, Dept. of Geosciences, TTU, Lubbock TX 79409
            Web Page:  http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~jrw6f