Pterosaur footprints

you wrote:

>according to Peter Wellnhofer, "So far there have been no confirmed
>finds of pterasaur footprints, so conclusive proof of this is
>unavailable".  He goes on to quote an article Kevin Padian helped
>co-author where they took a supposed pterasaur footprint set from
>Arizona and identifyied it as crocodilian.  The problem is that with
all
>footprints, they don't really know what made them unles they find the
>body, or eliminate all otehr suspects.
>
>I don't have any other pterasaur footprint references than this.
>--
>           Betty Cunningham

Just so you know, it's spelled PterOsaur not PterAsaur.

Also here is a list of Pterosaur footprint articles.

Lockley, Martin G., Terrence J. Logue, Joaquin J. Moratalla, Adrian P.
Hunt, Rebecca J. Schultz and John W. Robinson, 1995. The fossil
trackway Pteraichnus is pterosaurian, not crocodilian: implications for
the global distribution of pterosaur tracks. Ichnos, Volume 4: 7-20.

Lockley, Martin G., and David Unwin, 1996. The case of Pteraichnus as a
common pterosaurian track evidence, implications and controversy.
Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, Abstracts of Papers, Fifty-sixth
Annual Meeting, Society of Vertebrate Paleontology, American Museum of
Natural History, New York, New York, October 16-19, 1996: 49A.

Logue, Terry, 1994. Alcova, Wyoming tracks of Pteraichnus
saltwashensis, made by Pterosaurs. 1994 Abastracts with Programs,
South-Central Section, GSA: 10.

Logue, Terry, 1996. Pterosaur tracks at Alcova, Wyoming. Tate
Geological Museum, Tate ?96, Paleonenvironments of the Jurassic: 73-80.

Mazin, Jean-Michel, Pierre Hantzpergue, Gerard Lafurie and Patrick
Vignaud, 1995. Des pistes de pterosaures dans le Tithonien de Crayssac
(Quercy, France). C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, t. 321, serie II: 417-424.

Padin, Kevin and Paul E. Olsen, 1984. The fossil trackway Pteraichnus:
not pterosaurian, but crocodilian. Journal of Paleontology, Volume 58,
Number 1: 178-184.

Stokes, William Lee, 1957. Pterodactyl tracks from the Morrison
Formation. Journal of Paleontology, Volume 31, Number 5: 952-954.

Stokes, William Lee, 1978. Animal tracks in the Navajo-nugget
sandstone. Conrtibs to Geology, Wyoming, Volume 16, Number 2: 103-107.

Stokes, William Lee, and James H. Madsen, Jr., . Environmental
Significance of Pterosaur Tracks in the Navajo Sandstone (Jurassic),
Grand County, Utah.

Unwin, David M., 1981. Pterosaur tracks: I principal and practice.
Abstracts with Programs. First International Symposium on Dinosaur
Tracks and Traces, Editor David D. Gillette, Albuquerque, New Mexico,
1986: 26

Unwin, David M., 1986. A Predictive Method for the Identification of
Vertebrate Ichnites and its Application to Pterosaur Tracks. In:
Dinosaur Tracks and Traces, Edited by David Gillette and Martin G.
Lockley. Cambridge University Press: 259-274.

Unwin, David M., 1996. The Fossil Record of Middle Jurassic Pterosaurs.
In: The Continental Jurassic, Michael Morales, Ed., 1996, Museum of
Northern Arizona Bulletin, 60: 291-304.

Wright, J. L., D. M. Unwin, M. G. Lockley, and E. C. Rainforth, 1996.
Pterosaur tracks from the Purbeck Limestone Formation of Dorset,
England. Proceedings of the Geologists? Association, Volume 108: 39-48.

Tracy