Re: PTEROSAUR TRACKS

Darren Naish wrote:
> The N. American > _Pteraichnus_ tracks, which Padian has argued (and still
> does
> I think) were made by crocodiles and don't match pterosaur morphology,
> are generally thought to be pterosaurian after all

If this is the same printset in the Pterosaur book, then there isn't any
sign of the fifth long-toe on the footprint.
The toe was likely held out of the way and not used as an aid to
walking-is that a correct assessment then?
The length of this long-toe precludes it from making any of the triple
indentations that are now seemingly attreibuted to the wing--right?
--
           Betty Cunningham
mail e-mail replies to bettyc@flyinggoat.com