Re: Nucleated RBCs

> but this does not seem to affect birds very much.  So ... both ectotherms
> and endotherms run around just fine with nucleated blood cells.

     But mammals and bird evolved endothermy independantly.  Did the
mammals do it in a way that involved sacrificing nucleation in thier red
blood cells, while birds did it another way that didn't require this
sacrifice?  I always hear about the differences between endotherms and
ectotherms, but never the differences between mammalian and avian
endotherms in terms of the fundamental way thier endothermic metabolism
operates.

LN Jeff
O-