ICZN rules?

I just got a package from an aquantince of mine. He's suppose to be
working with Welles and Powell on theropods. Last I heard the
Welles/Powell megalosaur monograph was dead in the water (I talked to a
student of Powell's a few years ago, and she said that Welles portion
was done, but Powell had no desire to do anything with it. It seems to
me Welles is a splitter and Powell is a lumper!)

Anyway what he does is name new genera. From what I understand he says
Carpenter's 1991 Maleevosaurus is invalid, actually I can't even see it
in his list, because he Pickering named it in 1984. But the only thing
he did was have his paper Copyrighted in 1984.

What I want to know (I know where George stands on this) is a
copyrighted paper valid in the eyes of the ICZN? I don't know if these
papers, saurischian monograph, will ever be published for the general
public.

I'd like to contact Welles and Powell just to see if they're actually
doing it with him.

Tracy