Re: F-22 Raptor

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:24:21 -0500 brucet@mindspring.com (bruce thompson)
writes:>        Maybe the unofficial nickname the jet will acquire will
be dinosaurian.  In pilots' slang, the EF-111 is the Aardvark, the F-16
is the Lawn Dart, and the A-10  Thunderbolt II is the Warthog.  Maybe a
dino name will be coined for this one.   Though truly, I don't think "the
F-22 Rhamphorynchus" will strike terror in the enemy in the next war... >

Pardon me, but isn't Rhamphorynchus pterosaurian, not dinosaurian?   ;-)

Judy Molnar
vlmed@juno.com
jamolnar@juno.com