Re: Science of JP and The Lost World

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, dwlewis wrote:
> Ray McAllister wrote:
> > My big question is "Can a mosquito's blood machine penetrate a dino hide?".
> > I watched JP again last night and was alert to the errors discussed on this
> > group some time in the past. I think there are more that never made it to
> > the net! Since Lost World appears to have been written as a movie script,
> > it will be interesting to see it in a month or so.
>
> Couldn't the mosquitoes just goe in between the scales?

I'm not sure how skeeters would react to a dino hide, but with furred
animals (like my aussie), they'llluster around the face, where the fur is
less and there's exposed skin. I would suppose that the mosquitoes would
adapt and find vulnerable places on the dinosaurs. This cuold well have
been also the face area.

+----------+    Rich Travsky   RTRAVSKY @ UWYO . EDU
+----------+    http://plains.uwyo.edu/~rtravsky/