Re: Whatever prima

Jeff Poling wrote:

> What I have yet to see is a really thorough explanation of what aspects
>of    > dromaeosaurid/avian lifestyle would be alike enough to cause
>convergence when > it seems like dromaeosaurids and birds were leading
>extremely different        > lifestyles.

This exact thought has been running through my mind as well recently. Since
Feduccia is in print (Audubon, April 1997) as saying "How do you get one of
these dinosaurs into a tree? They're simply not built for tree climbing." I
have to wonder how strictly-cursorial, non-arboreal animals (Feduccia's
dinosaurs) are convergently similar to animals that, according to
Feduccia's reasoning, must have spent considerable time in trees? Is it
just me, or does this line of reasoning simply not make any sense?

Brian (franczak@ntplx.net)