Re: Protoavis

ou wrote:

>      Did Chatterjee ever publish anything on _Protoavis_ other
>then his skull description in the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal
>Society?  Has ANYBODY else really gotten a chance to study the specimen in
>detail?

Here's some references:

Chatterjee, S. 1987. Skull of Protoavis and Early Evolution of Birds. Journal
of Vertebrate Paleontology, Volume 7, Supplement to Number 3. Abstracts of
papers Forty-Seventh Annual Meeting Society of Vertebrate Paleontolo

gy: 14a.

Chatterjee, Sankar, 1995. The Triassic bird Protoavis. Archaeopteryx, Volume
13, Number 15-31.

Ostrom, John H ., 1996. The Questionable validity of Protoavis. Archaeopteryx,
1996: 39-42.

I'm sure some other people have seen the specimens.

Tracy