Re: The Science of The Lost World

on Tue, 15 Apr 1997, kmh wrote:

>I have a feeling I'll soon feel my tail tucked between my legs for
>saying this, but what is wrong with having a little dinosaur FUN???
>So geez, lemme buy my Jurassic Crunch without a complex.  I promise,
>I'll warn my 7-year-old about the evils of dinosaur fiction with
>every, sorted gulp she swallows.

    For God's sake, get a grip!

        Stereotyping never ceases to amaze me. Leave it to someone to
take a purely satirical comment that was little more than 2 WORDS
long and blow it up to some big issue with all sorts of
assumptions/stereotypes that have been foisted upon those who have
committed the henious crime of not worshipping JP or the ground
Speilberg walks on. Just because I didn't appreciate the scientific
falsehoods of the movie, didn't think it had much in the way of a
story, and hate the word "raptor" with a passion doesn't mean I'm
going to freak out because there's a dinosaur cereal! Quite to the
contrary, I'm probably going to be racing kids to the checkout line
buying it (the same way I buy Count Chocula 'cause I'm a gothic
freak=)... And I'm sure the same goes for more than a few of us
pittiful, misguided, closed-minded cynics as well. So, geez yourself.

This rant brought to you by
Cory

The only thing in the universe which does not obey the laws of
Physics is Creativity.

*******light a candle for my sins and burn me to the ground********
*         Cory Gross         *     the Text of Palaeogothica      *
* gros4891@adc.mtroyal.ab.ca * http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094 *
* palaeogothica@hotmail.com  *                                    *
   *Alberta Palaeontological Society*Science Alberta Foundation*
       *U2*Christian Death*Bauhaus*Switchblade Symphony*NIN*
                     *ThE mINd Is mY PlaYPeN*

            Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Lost World"
       http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094/TheLostWorld.html