Re: The Science of The Lost World---HCCF (Hot Cereals Came First)

><< In my phylogeny, cursorial, non-arboreal Cereals could never have made the
>transition from the cereal bowl into the box---they had to have descended
>from the box into the bowl!! (sorry George, I couldn't resist) >>
>
>I'd say your phylogeny is quite correct. The path of least resistance is box
>into bowl, not bowl back into box.

        According to the uniformitarian view of evolution, this may well be
so.  But it catastrophic episodes are postulated, the cereal may well wind
up back in the box.  Wonder what kind of impact craters the stuff
leaves....

bruce

        Remove SPAMKILLER from return address to reply.

        "Dammit, Philbert; what kind of a lepidopterist are you?  For god's
sake,
man; stand up to them!"