Re: JurassiCon-S.E. Dinosaur Convention of '98

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:18:31 -0400 (EDT) smithjb@sas.upenn.edu (Joshua
Smith) writes:

>Greetings,
>I assume that you will have a call for papers or something similar?

Dear Joshua:

Although we briefly considered calling for papers, we decided not to
based on several factors.  First and foremost, JurassiCon is not a formal
academic conference.  We plan to have a relaxed atmosphere that would be
aimed at both pros and non-pros. JurassiCon is what we consider an
"alternative" to the standard academic conference. Also, our organizing
committee feels that presenting papers should be reserved for the larger,
more academically powerful "DinoFest".

I hope that answers your question.  I would not mind hearing an alternate
opinion if you disagree with our decision?

William Bevil
JurassiCon 1998