VETERANARY ADVERBS

In working through my cat dissection, I have come across the presumably
adverb form of the anatomical directionals: Cranial, Caudal, Ventral and
Dorsal; which are listed as CraniAD, CaudAD, VentrAD, and DorsAD, rather than
Cranially, Caudally, Ventrally.  Is this right, to form the adverbs with the
suffix -AD instead of the normal English formation of -LY?

Peter Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com

Yellow:"If you're bummed that you didn't find the  Imposter M&M, may we
suggest you cheer yourself up with another bag of colorful M&Ms."
Red:"Sincere compassion or marketing ploy?  You tell me."