Re: The Science of The Lost World

>>Kel, girl dino writer, asks "...what's wrong with having a little fun..."
>
>I have no problem with the "having fun" aspect of this and similar cases,
>but I would ask why comercial ventures can cash ion on palaeontologicla
>work without paying any dues back into the science. Are the makers of this
>cereal paying a portion of profist back to palaeontology? If not, why not?
>Perhaps it could be worth starting a letter writing campaign. I just fail
>to see why commercial exploiters of things palaeontological should get away
>with something for nothing.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul
>

>Dr Paul M.A. Willis
>Consulting Vertebrate Palaeontologist
>Quinkana Pty Ltd
>pwillis@ozemail.com.au

No flame intended,

But isn't this like asking why the manufacturer of Animal Crackers don't pay
a portion of their profits to zoology?

Or why Bounty paper napkins pays nothing to support the lumberjacks of the
Pacific Northwest?

-William C. Ward

Sjt. William C. Ward
Williamson's Co.
4th Battn., Royal Regt. of Artillery

Where a goat can go a man can go,
and where a man can go he can drag a gun!

             -Major General William Phillips, RA