Sauropod skin

     I saw an excellent show about elephants on the Discovery Channel the
other night ("The Ultimate Guide to. . .").   Among the interesting facts
(such as the fact that an elephant's body contains appx. 100 gallons of
blood) was that the elephant's skin is wrinkled to increase surface area
and thus help cool the body.
    Seems to me that this could add another wrinkle (sorry) to the
ecto/endo/bulk homeothermy debate.  Have any specific sauropod skin
impressions been found?  I have a dim recollection of a skin impression
being found near one of the giant sauropods, but I can't recall the source,
nor if it was ever proven to be associated with the specimen itself.

T.A. Curtis
kodiak@inetworld.net
13980 Lyons Valley Road
Jamul, CA   91935-2024