RE:REVERSED HALLUX

Brian Franczak wrote:
>What's the story on theropod halluxes?
        As far as Currie 1994 reported (in the Candian Journal of Earth
Sciences Joint Sino-Canadian Dinosaur Project edition [say it five times
fast]), the only theropods with a demonstrably reversed hallux were
dromaeosaurs and avialans. Some troodontids are specifically stated to lack
a reversed hallux. Some trackways seem to show reversed halliges (?),
leading some to speculate that the bone may have been mobile (Paul, _PDW_,
1988).
        Some will tell you that most of them did, but unless they provides
evidence, I'm inclined to go with Currie.
        Archaeopteryx           Asterix         Hallux
        Archaeopterigis         Asterigis       Halligis

Sjt. William C. Ward wrote:
>Where a goat can go a man can go,
>and where a man can go he can drag a gun!

>             -Major General William Phillips, RA

Where a goat can go, a four limbed flexible spined arboreal lizard with
fingers getting longer going outwards can go, and the four limbed flexible
spined  will evolve through a _six_-limbed, four winged glider/flapper with
patagia to a four limbed feathered stiff-spined, stiff tailed bipedal
flapper, and finally to a two-ton bipedal cursor with three fingers
symetrical about the axis of the hand, which loses one finger, eats the goat
and chases the man with the gun in a major motion picture.
                -After our own dear George
      Jonathan R. Wagner, Dept. of Geosciences, TTU, Lubbock TX 79409
      Web Page: TEMPORARILY DOWN, but visit http://www.ttu.edu/~geosc