Re: Science of JP and The Lost World/ Stephen Czerkas

Tracy Ford wrote:

> You wrote:
> >

> >      Currently I'm working on many hadrosaurs with skin from Mexico.
> >At least 50% have skin preserved. All the skin is preserved as
> >impressions. Most of our diverse hadrosaurs are in brackish water
> >deposits. Several have oysters encrusting the skin impressions. To
> >preserve skin in water so that oysters have time to grow on it is
> tough to imagine. I believe it drys to rawhide first.

> Wow, not that's kool. May be I'll do a drawing of it some time.

Mike Skepnick did a painting based on the area a few years ago, that he
gave to my co-worker Prof. Rene Hernandez at UNAM. He included
Gryposaurs and Chasmosaurs walking across oyster flats to the plant rich
distributary channels. I see it as a dry climate delta like the Nile
Delta (very big). He (at my suggestion) included a Gryposaur skull in
the foreground underwater covered in oysters. Most of our skeletons are
incrusted by oysters.

        A drawing showing a carcass at low tide would be fantastic.

> One thing I've been wondering, is there a possibility that some
> parasites may have been fossilized? Maybe from the side that was in
> contact to the ground? Wouldn't that be intersting?!
>Yes!!

Jim K.