Re: The Science of The Lost World

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, William C. Ward wrote:
(referring to a missive from the estimable Dr. Willis (P))

> No flame intended,
>
> But isn't this like asking why the manufacturer of Animal Crackers don't pay
> a portion of their profits to zoology?
>
> Or why Bounty paper napkins pays nothing to support the lumberjacks of the
> Pacific Northwest?
>

> -William C. Ward

I may, of course, be misinterpreting Dr Willis, but I suspect he was
demonstrating that fine "Down-Under" kind of humor (the very same that
got so many of the early settlers of that region transported... ;-)
As an observation, I can't recall ever having seen a thread stretched
quite so thin - spider silk is coarse and rope-like by comparison <NOTE -
comparison to be taken il-literately only!>
Regards,
        JR