Re: Dino Parasites??

Not exactly a parasite, I guess, but Dr. John Mackin of the Grand Isle
Marine Lab, many years ago, had a piece of petrified wood, from Texas I
think, with a petrified termite and the sawdust it generated in its burrow.
I was told that the preservation was so good one could thin section it and
see cells. Things like this sometimes do not even make the literature
because of the person involved not being an entomologist or for other
reasons.

Ray McAllister, Retired Prof. (Emeritus) of Ocean, mcallist@gate.net
Engineering, Dept of OE, Fla. Atlantic Univ., Boca
Raton, FL 33064  (954) 426-0808