Creationism rears it's ugly head

The latest attempt to legitimize creationist dogma would be amusing if it
wasn't so annoying.  I'm sure other more educated list-members will counter the
latest arguments far more effectively than I can, but here is my take.

To describe all similarities between species as simple convergance is to
oversimplify things to an extreme degree (isn't it unusual for a creationist to
allow for ANY kind of evolution?  Maybe there is hope for Skeptic yet ;^)
Convergent evolution is described as two species that are SUPERFICIALLY alike,
due to similar lifestyles.  Yet, under rigorous analysis one finds that the two
species are very different.  The classic case of the Ichthyosaur and the
Dolphin, shows this very well: the "outer shell" is very similar, but the
skeletons are so fundamentally different, that one can see that they are not
closely related.

For birds and dinosaurs, the convergent argument falls flat.  Firstly, Archy
and Dienonychus DO NOT have a similar lifestyle.  Secondly, under an extemely
rigorous and detailed analysis between Archy and Dienonychus, the skeletons
show a profound similarity, so much that the convergance argument just doesn't
work.

As a Christian, I find it wierd that Skeptic is holding on to an archaic
theological principle.  C'mon, most theological leaders have no problem with an
ancient and evolving Earth.  What is his problem?

For the sake of everyone, keep all non-scientific comments OFF-LIST, in a
PRIVATE message.

Rob Meyerson
Orphan Vertebrate Paleontologist

***
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's
funny ..."
-- Isaac Asimov