Re: Archaeopteryx problem

>     By the way folks, I am predicting a massive and uninformative assault
>on creationism and Karl in response to his posting.  Save it.  If you we
>want people to understand what makes evolution work and the evidence and
>logic that substantiates it, we have to discuss things with them, not
>shower them with abuse.  Discuss it as long as they feel like talking
>about it, and keep the postings on the list as long as they more or less
>involve dinosaurs.

While I appreciate Jeff's intent, and it is a nobel one, I don't see why we
should give anyconcessions to the creationists. The dinosaur list is, by
its essential virtues, a forum for discussing aspects of evolution and
takes as read basic scientific concepts such as an earth dated in billions
of years that are contrary to creationist teachings. We do not (or should
not) pretend that fundamentalist christian discussion lists that accept
evolution are legitimate places for us to post dinosaur evolution
information just because they don't agre with what we say. Why should they
feel they can preach in our pulpit?

Cheers,

Paul

Dr Paul M.A. Willis