new snake and taxonomy

I just had a chance to look at the Nature article on _Pachyrhachis_.  It
seems to be pretty interesting, although I've only had time to skim it.
One thing that immediately caught my attention though.  The authors refer
a genus called _Estesius_ to _Pachyrhachis_.  Returning to an old thread
about suffixes on taxonomic names, I'm wondering whether _Estesius_ (the
name, not the organism) is different from _Estesia_, the new (relatively)
varanoid from Mongolia?  Are two taxa that differ only in their suffix
both valid?
        On a side note, there has been another taxon described as
_Estesius_, a frog from Tiupampa in Bolivia.  The snake was named in
1984, the frog in 1994, so the name should apply to the snake.  Has
_Estesius_ the frog been renamed yet?  I'm doing some work on material
from the early Cenozoic of Bolivia, so I'd appretiate a citation if it
has been renamed.
        Thanks.

                                --Shawn Zack
                                  The Duke dino