Gr. 9 Sc. Fair Project

> If I can assume that hadrosaurs produced their vocalizations by using closed
> air columns, then the resonant frequencies are cut in half...

  I have no ready access to that reference, and what I know about hadrosaur
anatomy would fill a thimble at most.  However, as a somewhat used physicist,
I might venture that in order for the "open (at both ends) air column"
model to apply, then whatever anatomical passage the hadrosaurs allegedly
used to produce sound would in fact have to be open at both ends to some
volume substantially larger than the wavelength of the sound in question
-- which likely means that said passageway would have to be open at both
ends to the great outdoors.

  What is the anatomy in question in fact like?

                                      --  Jay Freeman