Re: Deinonychus claws; love 'em or leave 'em

Cats have claws to pull down animals several times thier own size. The
forelimbs are usually used to pull an animal down and then the hind claws
may be brought into action.Often, they don't have to be. Lions and tigers
have very powerfull forequarters for this reason. If Deinonychus didn't,
it might have relied upon its hindclaws to pull down prey larger than it was.

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu