Re: Moderator, when?

On Sun, 27 Apr 1997 garrison@efn.org wrote:

> very few of you DINOSAUR list members actually read the message &
> noticed the headers, or did any research at all about what the origin
> of the message... well, I guess it just goes to show how many folks
> actually apply scientific methodology in their normal lives, eh?

I read the prior messages before responding, and since I don't know these
people by their email addresses, it wasn't clear to me who was who. All I
could discern was that someone I didn't recognize posted some tripe:

1. the nature of which I _did_ recognize;
2. which wasn't explicitly identified anywhere I could find as being
   from a non-subscribed third party; and
3. which has a long track record of invading places it is not welcome.

While I am glad that the monsters are not due on Maple Street after all,
those of you so quick to criticize others for being quick to criticize
might take some of your own advice.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

|If men are to be made submissive, the obstacle is not their feelings, |
|their wishes or their "instincts", but their minds; if men are to be  |
|ruled, then the enemy is reason.                          -- AYN RAND |