Re: Dilophosaurus

>> I've heard the debate about how Dilophosaurus killed prey and have
>> thought up my own conclusions.
>>         Okay,we know this much. Dilophosaurus couldn't have used his
>> teeth for killing prey.

This whole nonsence about the fragility of Dilophosaurus teeth and jaws
meaning that it could not kill prey must be stopped! Anyone who thinks that
the jaw is too fragile, go and have a look at the jaws of a freshwater
crocodile (Crodocylus johnstoni). These are much more slender jaws but a re
prefectly capable of dispatching large birds and fair-sized mammals (small
wallabies have been recorded being taken by large freshies). Infact the
jaws of Dilophosaurus are more similar in proportions to those of the
saltwater crocodile (C. porosus) and they eat whatever they damn-well
please (particularly American tourists).

Cheers,

Paul

Dr Paul M.A. Willis
Consulting Vertebrate Palaeontologist