Re: References

> Date: Wednesday, 30 April, 1997 10.09 AM
>
> Could I get references for Stygivenator and Siamotyrannus please.  They
are
> new enough that I have nothing that refers to them.  I know that they
have
> been on the list before, but I could not find them in the archives.
Thank you.
> Darryl

Stygivenator is on one of these, I believe.  Dinogeorge, of course, would
know more.
G.O. Olshevsky & T.L. Ford & S. Yamamoto 1995, The Origin and Evolution of
the Tyrannosaurids, Part I, Kyoryugaku Saizensen, 9:92-119
G.O. Olshevsky & T.L. Ford & S. Yamamoto 1995, The Origin and Evolution of
the Tyrannosaurids, Part 2, Kyoryugaku Saizensen, 10:75-99

Siamotyrannus:
E. Buffetaut & V. Suteethorn & H.Y. Tong 1996, The earliest known
tyrannosaur from the Lower Cretaceous of Thailand, Nature (London),
381(6584):689-91.
Abstract:THE Tyrannosauridae were the dominant large carnivorous dinosaurs
in Asia (excluding India) and western North America during the Late
Cretaceous period(1-3).  Most of them are from the Campanian and
Maastrichtian ages, and very little is known about their earlier history,
although scanty remains have been reported from the early part of the Upper
Cretaceous(4-7).  We describe a newly discovered incomplete skeleton of a
large theropod from the Early Cretaceous Sao Khua Formation of northeastern
Thailand as an early and primitive representative of the Tyrannosauridae.
This new taxon, which is at least 20 million years older than the earliest
previously known tyrannosaurids, suggests that the early evolution of
tyrannosaurids may have taken place in Asia.

-Mikiel