Fernbank Museum [was Quest for Information]

>First, regarding a posting last week about the Planet Dinosaur exhibit that
>opened yesterday at the Fernbank Museum [...]

        The Fernbank Museum, in Georgia, is well worth a visit by any
paleontology enthusiast. Even though the fossil displays are not that great
(although they have a rather nice Stegosaurus mount), the REALLY neat thing
about the museum is its floors. All of the floor tiles are polished slabs of
imported Jurassic Solnhofen limestone, the beds that Archaeopteryx came
from. I walked around in circles for hours when I was there, staring at the
floor looking at the cross-sectioned belemnites and other fossils. Again-
well worth seeing.

Sam