Re: layperson

On 23 Aug 97 03:40:00 EDT, you wrote:

> Use the word raptor to get your audience of non-paleopeople's
>attention, and then point out the problems.  as for the
>Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus thing, most of us grew up with Brontosaurus, and the
>general public doesn't care enough to learn that it has changed.

I side with the bearded one on this... scrap Apatosaurus and go with
Brontosaurus. I believe common usage should overide debatable taxonomy
in most cases.

Catch a white star and you place it in your forehead, say a few spells and,
baby, there you go.
Take a black cat and sit it on your shoulder, and in the morning you'll know
all that you know.

-T.Rex