Re: NY times article

>Myhrvold and Currie ... agreed with the paleontologists who now
>reject the idea that the sauropods regularly used their tails defensively. The
>animals >would probably have sustained as much
injury to their tails as they inflicted on >attackers.

1.  Don't other animals (like Alligators) use their tails defensively?  What
are the reasons paleontologist reject defensive use
of tails by sauropods?

2.  Isn't there a type of crustacean (a shrimp I think) that snaps it claw and
disables nearby fish with the sound or shock
wave?  Can anybody elaborate on this?

Thanks
Ed