Re: Paronychodon lacustris AND B. infernalis

In a message dated 97-12-03 15:33:38 EST, th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< This is probably:

 Euronychodon asiaticus Nessov 1995.

 (previously Paronychodon cf. lacustris Nessov 1985b, Table III, 16; 1986,
 Fig. 2, 3)

 NIGR N 9/12454

 In Nessov's 1995 Dinosaurs of Northern Eurasia, on p. 44. >>

Indeed, I think you're quite correct. I'll make sure Tracy updates his list.
Here is his present listing for Euronychodon; his entry for E. asiaticus is
different from the above.

Genus: Euronychodon TELLES ANTUNES & SIGOGNEAU-RUSSELL, 1991
Etymology: European form of Paronychodon.

Species: portucalensis TELLES ANTUNES & SIGOGNEAU-RUSSELL, 1991
Etymology: Portucale, ancient name of the village of Porto.
= Paronychodon lacustris ANTUNES & de BRION, 1988

Holotype: Centro de Estratigrafia e Paleobiologia da Universidade Nova de
Lisboa, TV 20

Locality: Taveiro, Portugal.

Horizon: Argiles et sables de Taveiro, Upper Campanian or Lower Maastrichtian,
Late Cretaceous.

Material: Tooth.

Referred material: TV 18, TV 19: Teeth.
_______

Species: asiaticus NESSOV, 1995
Etymology:

Holotype: TsNIGR museum #9/12454

Locality: Dzhira-Khuduk, Uzbekistan.

Horizon: Middle of Bissekt Formation, (Bissektiyskaya Svita), Coniacian, Early
Late Cretaceous.

Material: Tooth.
_______