Re: "raptor" names (was Re: Giant raptor claw found)

>At least we don't have the situation that hemipteran (true bugs) workers do,
>with the genus name _Chisme_ (pronounced "kiss me"), and other genera
>_Polychisme_, _Marichisme_, _Dolichisme_, _Ochisme_, etc.
>
>Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.

I was under the impression that these names had been suppressed by the
ICZN.  No?

Anyway, invertebrate-taxonomy folks have lots of fun with names.  There is
a spider named Draculoides bramstokeri, and two wasps named Polemistus
chewbacca and P. yoda!

1825 Shady Creek Court