Re: Giant raptor claw found

Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
>This is, I think, the "Megaraptor" claw already unveiled in _National
>Geographic_, or at least, another specimen of same. By the way, this doesn't
>necessarily mean that "Megaraptor" was 54% larger than _Utahraptor_.

If this animal is from South America isn't it likely that it was a
Noasaurine, and not a "Raptor" in actuality?  It seems likely that
convergent evolution would only have taken place if there wasn't already a
different, adapted "norm" species present.  Or is the concept of the
sickle-clawed Megalosaur now outdated?