Re: drawing segnosaurs

Berislav Krzic wrote:
> However, the whole anatomy and especially shape of limbs (not to
> mention head and neck region, of course) of Megatherium is completely
> different from segnosaur's, starting from claws on the front limbs
> (though they both have three claws on each forelimb), which are
> relatively short in Megatherium and very, very long and SCYTHE-like
> (the word is perfectly chosen) in Therizinosaurus. The knuckles are
> heavy and more massive in Megatherium, designed to bare part of the
> weight of the animal while moving or standing on all fours. The hind
> limbs differ even more. While segnosaur's hind limbs are long and
> built basically like those in theropods and ornithopods, Megatherium
> had robust short hind limbs and plantigrade feet. Segnosaurs were
> probably much faster moving large bipedal dinosaurs, while Megatherium
> was elephant-size quadruped mammal.

EY! I didnt say that Segnosaurs and Megatherids where IDENTICAL!!!
I could have wrote a Tyrannosaurus crawling on all four too...but a
Segnosaur looks a bit more intelligent...

> In other words segnosaurs probably didn't walk using their front limbs
> (knuckles).

ok...

-DinosØMP

Some propaganda:

Bah! Why go watch JP, or LW?
Why spend money on a lot of foolish dinosaur books?
Why cry out the salt tears, because they didn't have the dinosaur stuff
you wanted?
When you can enjoy all that, et the same time, just by clicking on the
below!

http://home.sn.no/~enrique/dinoklad.htm

Have fun!