Re: Theropod embryo hands

On 12/01, Jeff Poling wrote:

>    I remember announcements of the discovery of oviraptorid and troodontid
> embryos.  Anybody know what their hands suggest in the way of digit
> development?

I don't know about the troodontids, but I've heard that the single
Mongolian oviraptor embryo that had a hand preserved, had it preserved
_inside_ the shell, underneath the rest of the embryo.  They would have
to dig through from the other side to reach it, and apparently they
don't want to do that.  So, the oviraptor embryo is effectively useless
for answering this question.

Bummer.

-- JSW