re: Theropod B on Hell Creek List? (was Dominant Mesozoic varanids?)

>From: Phillip Bigelow <bh162@scn.org>

>Larry,
>
>Check out this URL:
>
>http://www.dinosauria.com/jdp/misc/hellcreek.html
>
>Scroll down to the "Lower Vertebrates" section of the lists.
>_Palaeosaniwa canadensis_ was a whopper.

Thanks.  I still wonder how these smaller, probably slower predators
survived among the dinosaurs although monitors seem to do ok in Africa,
only occasionally becoming dinner for a leopard.

By the way, I wonder which, if any, of the theropods you have listed is
the "Theropod B" from Currie's article in SVP a few years back.  Those
teeth were supposedly not tyrannosaurid but were pretty large.

Anyone?

Larry