Re: Sauropod Tails (The End)

----------
> a sauropod's tail being that much longer and heavier would need an
ASTOUNDING
> amount of muscle to support it.   It would be like flinging a SUPER heavy
duty
> firehose anywhere-at high speeds.

Isn't a fullgrown sauropod going to posess what you'd have to call some
ASTOUNDING muscle power?  Anyway, I think the "whip" thing is begin taken a
little too literally.  Just a simple smack with one of those tails is going
to be formidable- and I'll bet they were plenty tough and resilient too.
People talk like these caudal vertebrae were little hollow, brittle sticks
strung together with rubber bands!  Come on.