Re: Sauropod Tails (The End...and a bit more)

Dinogeorge wrote:

> In a message dated 97-12-07 05:07:08 EST, dannj@alphalink.com.au writes:
>
> << I have often imagined ankylosaur tail clubs with false eye spots
>  to lure predators away from the head and neck. In this fashion they
>  could act like the stumpy tails of Australian shingle back lizards
>  that resemble a second head. >>
>
> See the paper
>
> Thulborn, T., 1994. "Mimicry in ankylosaurid dinosaurs," Records of the
> Southern Australian Museum [I think that's the correct journal title] 27(2):
> 151-158.

That should be "South Australian Museum". We have pretty inventive
names for some of our Australian states (South Australia, Western
Australia, Northern Territory, to name three). Thanks for the ref,
I'll check it out post haste.
        Dann Pigdon
        Melbourne, Australia

        Dinosaur Reconstructions: