Re: Sauropod Tails (Restatement)

I like that theory, but don't really agree with it.  I think the
Sauropods would need good ears as well.
so they could hear the predators.  Even with their long necks they'd
probably need good ears
to hear the predators that hunted them.  I believe that some of the
Therapods could probably hide well so they
could sneak up on the Sauropods to attack.  So wouldn't the crack hurt
their ears as well?  It may be
a good way to prevent one attack, but think how damaging it would be to
their hearing as
as well as the Theropods hearing.  After a while they would, I believe,
have a lot of trouble hearing,
making them more vulnerable to attacks.
     Also, if a Theropod that heard too many 'cracks' tried to attack,
it
probably wouldn't be bothered by another one, forcing the Sauropod to
use bodily contact to defend itself.
Larry Akins