whip tails

Well the new york times science section  had an artical about whip tails and
said that a computer simulation  by Nathan Myhrvold showed that the super
sonic tail was possible. He apparently had discussions with Currie. It said gs
Paul was "well it might be possible but a lot of other people hate the idea".
Then said Ken Carpender said garbage in garbage out which is reall the case
hear. I think these people don't really know how the whip works and will our
local expert (Betty)flame me if  i'm out of line. But as I remember as a young
amature (guarding my whatevers) it is the bits of cow hide tied to the end
that really reach these speeds and produce the sound. When you pull the whip
back the pieces snap together causing the noise. Now if that's true, how the
hell does the dino replenish its tail pieces because they really wear out
fast. Anyhow the artical is worth reading for enjoyment if not reality.

paul sparks