Re: Dryptosaurus?

At 07:50 PM 12/9/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Anyone out there able to say what the consensus is on Dryptosaurus at this
>point?  How much material pertaining to it is there, exactly?  And just how
>similar is it perceived to be to Deltadromeus?

For a complete description of the known part of the anatomy, see:

Carpenter, K., D. Russell, D. Baird & R. Denton.  1997.  Redescription of
the holotype of _Dryptosaurus aquilunguis_ (Dinosauria: Theropoda) from the
Upper Cretaceous of New Jersey.  Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 17: 561-573.

For answers to your other questions, wait until my new phylogeny to be
published next year... :-)

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661