Dinosaur Diet -- was Re: CRETACEOUS VARANIDS

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

> On the other hand, omnivory or herbivory has been suggested for
> therizinosauroids, oviraptorosaurs, ornithomimosaurs, and troodontids among
> the non-avian theropods, and omnivory for basal sauropodomorphs
> ("prosauropods") and ceratopsians among the traditional "herbivores".  We
> could discuss the various evidence used to support these hypotheses, if you
> wish.

I've heard about all of these except for ceratopsians. Since when are
ceratopsians possible omnivores? I guess the beak could do some serious
damage ... but what evidence is there?

--T. Mike Keesey
tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu
http://umbc.edu/~tkeese1 -- Dinosaur Web Pages