Re: PSITTACOSAURIDS AND VARANUS

>>However, generic taxa named after
>> individuals are not currently in favor, so it might be some time (if ever)
>> before such a taxon was named.
>
>What about Lucasuchus, Longosuchus, Parrishia, Chatterjeea,
>Sillosuchus....?

I was thinking about dinosaurs.  However, you are absolutely correct: the
pseudosuchian workers are naming critters after each other right and left!

Some recent dinosaur generic names named after individuals include
_Galtonia_, _Timimus_ (a first name) and _Shuvosaurus_ (also a first name)
(okay, I am not convinced that _Shuvosaurus_ IS dinosaurian, but the author
certainly considers it such).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661