Dinosaur World, volume 1, number 3

I've just received the new issue of Dinosaur World; this time around
we're treated to a "ceratopsian special issue."  Here are some of the
contents which may be of special interest to list members:

*Tracy Ford on ceratopsian limb stance.

*Interview with Gurney about the stamps.

*Brian Choo on Australian dinosaurs (part II).

*Paleoart superstar John Sibbick on his art.

Each of the above includes very nice illustrations.

There's more, including my favorite sections, John Lanzendorf's column
"Dino Dirt" and anything written by the editor Allan Debus.

Chicago hairstylist Lanzendorf, for those of you who don't know, IS the
paleoart market.  His column (more appropriately called "Dino Dish")
informs us of things he's bought (that is, everything) and people he's
had over to his apartment.  I find the concept of this column
fascinating.

Lanzendorf's column is a hoot but I treasure Allan Debus's
contributions.  They are masterpieces.  I post some of his more elegant
turns of phrase on my monitor at work for those times when I'm feeling
down.  One of my favorites so far from this issue:

   "The postulated mechanism for these occurrences has an oceanic
trigger."

Say what? Another:

  "Continental Creatures' Carcharodontosaurus, perhaps the largest
allosauroid ever, is one of the finest theropod sculptures I have   seen
lately."

Such praise!  A runner-up is his reference to the current
"Czechoslovakian Republic."

Pure entertainment.

Anyway, subscription has been raised to $16.50 for three issues; the
hike is "[t]o maintain the quality of our production," as Lanzendorf
announces.  I'd like to tell you where to send your check but after two
perusals of the rag I can't find a re-upping address!  Here's the e-mail
address:

hellcreek@aol.com

Enjoy!
Larry