Re: Origin of Birds-arboreal biped

At 11:19 AM 12/11/97 -0000, G & J Bloomfield wrote:
>Exactly!  If one watches a jay, for example, moving through a thicket
>it becomes apparent that it does not need to even open its wings all
>that much; ...

Good example.

One example I was thinking of was mice.  Just *try* to determine which ones
are arboreal or partially arboreal from their skeletons!  I know of mice in
a single genus that differ in this regard: some _Peromyscus_ are grassland
animals, others are forest animals that *do* climb trees.

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com