Re: "Forensic" Evidence Of Dinosaur Killer

Jonathon Woolf wrote:

>The problem is that in every version of the impact theory I've ever
>seen, the upper limit and lower limit cross.  A ten-mile-diameter
>planetoid is simply too large to have produced _only_ the effects that
>we see in the fossil record.  It should have done much, much more.

Maybe not.  The science pertaining to that has not yet been fully worked
out, and we've never seen anything like that firsthand.  In fact I don't
think we've really seen a large impact of any kind prior to the Jupiter
collision of 1994.  The effects may not be as great as most people suppose,
or other factors (macroscale weather patterns, etc.) may act as containing
agents.

Seth Ellestad.