Re: Sad Songs Make Me Cry (Was Parasaurolophus Greastest Hits)

ellensb@trib.com wrote:
> Anybody remember 14-year-old Della Drury and her 9th grade science project
> last
> year/this year? She replicated the parasaurolophus' sound using rudimentary
> materials, including plastic pipe. I talked to Della when this story came out
> and asked her how the sound compared to the sound she came up with. Her
> response: "Sounds just like mine!"

Hey, whatayaknow...corroberation.

> And as Associated Press media said to me, "And I'll bet she did it without a
> grant!"
> Kudos to New Mexico, but bigger ones to Della.

Not to dimminish the good work of the professionals on that project
(or the Associated Press), but I do hope that Della got (or will get)
some level of "official" acknowledgement from *the professionals*. I don't know
if the team will publish these results (or perhaps they have already?).
Della did an amazingly good job and with a lot of ingenuity (from
what I was able to dig-up from her posts), so that to "officially" ignore
her work would make the other's work slightly incomplete.  Particularly,
if Della's work agrees with their's!  :-)
Just my $0.02 U.S. ($0.017 Canadian).
                   <pb>