Re: Climbers

...and I recently saw a programme on treetop-life in the Amazon, where
the biologist expressed surprise that she repeatedly caught coatimundis
in her traps 30 or 40 metres above the forest floor, where they were
"supposed" to be according to their "normal (90% of time)" lifestyle.
The surprise was due to the fact that they have _no_ specific
adaptations for climbing (prehensile tail, claws etc) but seem to manage
to get about even on small branches quite comfortably.

So we don't even have to look for a truly arboreal dinosaur ancestor,
just to confuse things further....

--
cheers, martin
Martin Human